Dr. Aaron Joseph Przybysz, M.D., Ph.D.
Medical Director of Ketamine Department
Aaron J. Przybysz, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Aaron Joseph Przybysz, M.D., Ph.D., is a highly accomplished professional in the field of medicine, with a focus on anesthesiology and pain medicine. With his extensive experience in Ketamine treatment, he is the Medical Director of the Ketamine Department at Harbor Psychiatry & Mental Health.
Dr. Przybysz’s impressive credentials, professional affiliations, and contributions to education and research underscore his expertise and dedication to his field. His extensive qualifications highlighted below including professional affiliations and educational achievements exemplify his commitment to the medical field, research, and education. His leadership roles and contributions to various organizations underscore his dedication to advancing the field of pain medicine, anesthesiology, and the use of Ketamine.
Board Certifications and Licensures
- American Board of Anesthesiology Board Certification
- American Board of Anesthesiology Certification in Pain Medicine
- Medical Board of California Licensure
- California Department of Public Health Fluoroscopy Supervisor and Operator
- Assistant Clinical Professor Level II, University of California, Irvine, Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Care (Current Position)
- Fellowship in Pain Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency in Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- M.D. in Human Medicine, College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- B.A. in Chemistry, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI
- American Medical Association (General Member)
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (General Member)
- California Society of Anesthesiologists (General Member)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (General Member)
- American Board of Anesthesiology (Member in Good Standing)
- American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine Exam: Passed
- American Board of Anesthesiology APPLIED Exam: Passed
- American Board of Anesthesiology ADVANCED Exam: Passed (90th Percentile of All Examinees)
- American Board of Anesthesiology BASIC Exam: Passed
Awards and Honors:
- Third Place, Midwest Anesthesia Research Conference (2015)
- Society for Redox Biology and Medicine Young Investigator Award (2007)
- Dan May Research Fellowship at Vanderbilt University (2003)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Award (2002)
Previous Research Support:
- National Institute of Health Training Grant (2003-2009)
- Dan May Research Fellowship Award in Clinical Cardiology at Vanderbilt University (2003)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant (2002)
Professional Research Experiences:
- Doctoral Student in Pharmacology at Vanderbilt University (2003-2009)
- Research Assistant in Clinical Pharmacology at Vanderbilt University (2003)
- Investigator, Michigan Diagnostics, LLC (2001-2003)
- Various teaching roles at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), University of Michigan (U of M), Michigan State University (MSU CHM), Vanderbilt University, and Kalamazoo College.
Professional & Public Service:
- Scientific Written Report Evaluator and Scientific Oral Presentation Evaluator for BIOL 199 Excellence in Research at the University of California, Irvine (2018)
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Voting Member, University of California, Irvine (2018-Present)
- Residency Rotation Director, Chronic Pain Medicine, University of California, Irvine (2017-Present)
- Admissions Committee Member, University of California, Irvine (2017-Present)
- Elected Vice President, College of Human Medicine Student Council, Michigan State University (2008-2010)
- Various leadership roles and contributions at Vanderbilt University and other institutions.
Arde Anoshivani, MD
Joseph Wilkinson PMHNP, FNP
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
About Harbor Psychiatry & Mental Health
We believe outstanding healthcare is delivered when we merge the science of medicine with the compassion of our hearts. We refer to this as “head and heart together,” inspiring constant improvement and lasting success.
Psychiatrists Orange County CA
Psychologists Orange County CA
Address: 4631 Teller, Suite 100
Newport Beach CA 92660
Phone: (949) 887-7187